The HEAR Network has a dedicated Policy and Campaigns officer, Mhairi McGhee.
HEAR knows that our members, charities and community organisations on the frontline, are in the best position to campaign and lobby for inclusion and rights. Our members have an authentic voice, know what is needed to reduce discrimination and promote equality and many are ‘user-led’.
HEAR does not campaign for our members, instead we help them do it for themselves. Mhairi’s role is to support London’s VCS (Voluntary and Community Sector) to campaign and lobby for improved rights and services for disadvantaged communities in London.
• HEAR connects organisations with campaigning experience and those starting out
• HEAR shares methods, pathways, tips and information across equality streams
• HEAR get our members in a room with (or inbox of) policy makers, commissioners and service providers
• HEAR is a point for exchanging members’ research, information and case-studies
• HEAR collates and disseminates information from our members to promote understanding of intersectional and pan-equality issues
• HEAR promotes lived experience and being user-led as the best way to overcome exclusion and discrimination
These are big topics, but topics that many of our members have been working on for some time and that will benefit from sharing experiences and expertise.
HEARs Policy and Campaigns work is funded by Trust for London.